Monday, April 5, 2010

Web Quest and Inquiry Based Learning

Today was a very helpful day. We started off talking about inquiry based learning where children ask questions and then answer them. This is a great way to promote process learning rather than just product. The children are required to figure out the answer for themselves using the wide variety of resources we have today. We then went into talking about Web Quests. This is such a cool site. I will definitely use this in my future classroom. I think that it is a great way to encourage process and that it is an easy way for the teacher to evaluate whether the students are understanding. I really like the wide array of activities. I looked up several different topics and there were activities for every topic. I like that they are arranged in several different ways general subjects and specific topics. I think that this website is a great resource and very user friendly. I think that this would be a great activity to use for a center. This way all of your students can do the same activity in small groups. It is also a great center that would not have to have a teacher present to conduct. This is a great way to accommodate if you only have a couple of computers in your classroom. You can extend Web Quest by having your students present their results to the class. I think that Web Quest is a great extension to concepts as well. It is a great way to do a hands on review for your students. I think that overall this is a great resource that I look forward to using in my classroom. One more thing that I really like is quest garden because we can try this out as a teacher for free to see how it works in our classroom. Then we can know if we really want to pay the money for it. Overall I think that this program is good. It is very user friendly and I will definitely consider using it in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment