Monday, March 1, 2010

Microsoft Excel and more

Today we had really good group presentations. One of the groups gave us a great website with resources for us to use as teachers. The website is www.curriki.org.
We talked about using Microsoft Excel to make a grade book today. It was very informing. I have a hard time using Microsoft Excel. I am sure if I practice using it more I will become more familiar with it but it really confused me today. Thanks to classes that I have previously taken I understand a lot of functions of Excel. If it weren't for previous classes I think I would have been very confused. I think that this is a great way to keep a grade book but it does take practice and effort to learn. I think that I will definitely use it in the future.
We also talked about polls today in our class. We went to the website polleverywhere.com. This website is really fun. It will be a very useful and fun program to use in my classroom. I think that this is a great way to see your class's understanding without giving a formal assessment. This is also a great way to choose a team captain for the classroom or to choose a student to represent the class in something. I really like that you can ask your own questions and answers. I love that you can get response immediately. I think that it can save you as a teacher a lot of time. I think that this will be such a fun activity to use in my future classroom. I think that it will get the students excited to vote! I think it is a great way to assess your classroom understanding without your students knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment